Description / Requirements
Maran Tankers Management Inc., one of the world’s leading ship management companies and part of Angelicoussis Group, due to continuous expansion, is looking for a motivated Tanker Broker to join the existing team in Athens.
- Evaluates market data and identifies opportunities for business development to support the chartering strategy of the company.
- Systematically investigates the current status of the chartering market as well as updates in regulatory developments, to constantly review the competitiveness of the company’s chartering plan.
- Actively participates in the client negotiations, to safeguard the interests of the company and at the same time maximize its profits.
- Follows up on vessel’s operation to ensure the effective implementation of the charter party provisions.
- Supports in the handling of all period contracts that require long-term cooperation and experience.
- Promotes company’s services to potential clients.
Who are we looking for?
- Holder of a University degree in Shipping Studies
- Be a member of the Institute of the Chartered Shipbrokers or holder of a Master’s degree in Shipping, Maritime Studies or related field it will be a strong plus
- Several years of progressive Chartering Tanker experience with a proven track record of fixing in an owner, trader, or competitive broker company
- Experience in the VLCCs and Suezmaxes segments will be considered a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Excellent numerical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent commercial awareness and negotiation skills