Senior Analyst & Emissions Compliance Officer
Description / Requirements
Angelicoussis Group, one of the world’s leading ship management organizations is looking for an experienced and motivated Senior Analyst & Emissions Compliance Officer at its newly established Green Ships unit.
The Senior Analyst & Emissions Compliance Officer is responsible for developing standardized analytical processes, procedures, tools, and frameworks for high-profile projects with key strategic counterparties spanning the entire energy value chains and recommending data-driven decision-making in coordination with other stakeholders too.
- Owns the analytical framework for the alternative fuels where the Group develops, and uses evaluation metrics for their cost build-up and respective market value;
- Owns the Energy Transition Analytics insights and reporting;
- Produces Market analytics and coordinates tender management;
- Develops & owns analytical tools for the department;
- Explores and leads the use of Nature-Based Solutions;
Compliance (ETS) / Voluntary
- Manages the emissions for the Angelicoussis Group fleet by understanding the fundamentals of the compliance & voluntary emissions market;
- Owns the net zero strategic pathway with intermediate steps towards 2030 & 2050;
- Key contributor & aggregator in developing the strategy for Voluntary & Compliance Emissions;
- Monitors the compliance of the Energy Industry;
- Required working understanding of IMO’s Regulatory CII & EEXI framework;
- Establishing KPIs ensuring implementation of the Group’s objectives;
- Participates in relevant events, conferences, and workshops;
- Keeps abreast with the shipping regulatory framework and research environmental published studies;
Candidate must have
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics, Maritime Studies, or relevant field.
- 5+ years of relevant experience (based on specific experiences, this requirement may be applied).
- Knowledge and understanding of carbon and energy commodity markets, exceptional analytical skills, very good research skills, and an innovative approach to solving complex problems.
- Awareness of technologies, fuel choices, and challenges for developing lower-carbon solutions for the fuels to be used in the marine sector.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of mathematical, statistical, and modeling concepts and research methods.
- Very good regulatory understanding of the shipping industry.
- To have demonstratable experience in building a model to assess alternative fuels.
- To be able to grasp shipping design concepts relative to target hard-to-abate alternative fuels.
Job-specific skills & abilities
- Excellent command of the English language.
- PC Literate and excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite.
The Company offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, as well as career opportunities.