Maran Tankers Management Inc., one of the world’s leading ship management companies and part of the Angelicoussis Group is looking for an experienced and motivated Fleet Manager.
- Provides technical support to the vessels assigned under her/his responsibility and expertise to other departments and onboard personnel on the proper repair and maintenance of vessel machinery and equipment;
- Ensures efficient and correct/approved repair methods and evaluate/select quality sub-contractors in order to always have the optimum quality of services and expected fleet availability;
- Evaluates onboard personnel and reporting on the efficiency and cooperation among vessel’s personnel;
- Inspects vessels in port at least once within 6-month period;
- Monitors the SMS and reports to the DPA on matters that deviate from the SMS procedures;
- Managing vessels’ lubricants, spare parts, and store requisitions in collaboration with the Spares & Inventory department;
- Assists in troubleshooting;
- Prepares repair, conversion, and dry-docking specifications and supervises the execution of such works;
- Inspects/evaluates vessels in connection to the purchase or sale of second-hand tonnage;
- Demonstrates his commitment to safety and environmental excellence, through his behavior;
- Involved in the development of procedures that fall under the role’s area of responsibility;
Candidate must have
- A degree from a technical institution of higher education recognized by State and National Authorities or a Chief Engineer's license.
- At least 5 years of a well-established and documented work experience in a similar position (Seagoing experience will be a plus).
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Literacy in MS Office suite.